Previous Programmes, Events & Workshops
Below you can find examples of past Events and Workshops. Some of these will be repeated due to their popularity so please come back and see what’s available.
Changing Lanes: A Day Retreat
“Midlife is when the universe gently places her hands upon your shoulders, pulls you close, and whispers in your ear: I’m not screwing around. All of this pretending and performing – these coping mechanisms that you’ve developed to protect yourself from feeling inadequate and getting hurt – has to go”
Brene Brown, 2018
Take a day out from the hustle of life, relax with delicious food and nutritious drinks in sumptuous surroundings, and hear from experts in nutrition, movement & lifestyle. This retreat is for you if you’re in your 40s, early/mid 50s, are noticing any physical or mental changes or simply want to be prepared for the perimenopausal years! Updating your lifestyle so that you can add joy, develop resilience and thrive through these changing years is all possible – and getting the ideas how to do it is the most empowering of all!
The day will include guest speakers (see below), food and refreshments from local caterers “Bite Around the World” (@bitearound_theworld) & “Program UK” (@theprogramuk) plus a fabulous goody bag filled with products to try out.
9.45am – 4.45pm: Saturday 23rd April 2022, Torrington Hall, Holywell Hill, St Albans. This event is now finished – to be added to the waiting list for future day retreats contact me here
- Anna Black (Co-Host and Presenter) – having worked as a PT for 8 years, 3 years ago Anna started to study with Burrell Education, learning how our bodies change as we move through our 40s into our 50s, what happens during the perimenopause, and most importantly what we can and need to do to thrive and progress through these years. We’ll look at what’s happening and get some easy to try tips on movement and how to build stress resilience
- Emma Bustamante (Co-Host) Emma is the founder of Cositas Home and Cositas Gifts for the Soul and has moved to including nourishing and empowering workshops alongside the ever popular creative workshops. Emma is passionate to support and facilitate events and provide a range of tools that can support us to lead a conscious lifestyle by relaxing the mind, soothing the body and lifting the spirit
- Marie Hick (Presenter: www.flourishfitandwell.co.uk) is an experienced nutrition therapist and personal trainer who works with women in their 40s & beyond showing how calories in and calories out should no longer be our focus. She’ll be sharing tips on what to eat, when to eat and even how to eat
- Dr Laura Abraham (Q&A) – a practicing GP, Dr Laura has a keen interest on the importance of ageing healthily. As well as sharing information on HRT she will be answering all your questions on these confusing topics!
- Bryony Dewson (Workshop) is a yoga teacher who advocates using breath and movement to support our bodies as we go through different life stages. Bryony will be hosting a short breath and movement workshop within the movement section of the day (fitness clothes/mat not needed)
- Jodie Beale (Presenter: www.jodiebealeskinspecialist.com) is a bespoke facialist who is keen to share her knowledge on how best to look after our skin as we get older. She will be on hand to answer questions from where to invest, which products can actually make a difference to our skin and how to protect our skin
Reviews from previous presentations:
“Anna I just wanted to say thanks for a really enjoyable and interesting evening. It was relatable, engaging and I learnt loads. Also the discussion within and being physically in a group is in itself so supportive – part of the feelings of being squashed by all these changes is certainly that you are generally alone when you reflect on them, so doing so together casts a whole new light on it”
“With so much health and fitness information out there it is hugely helpful to get excellent health information and practical advice tailored specifically to women my age. This is an essential workshop for the 40 something women. Highly recommend”
“Not only does Anna present a road map on how best to navigate the shifting sands of midlife but she also shares how small changes made now can have a profound impact on how we experience our later years.”